If you are actively discerning a vocation to the Priesthood, Diaconate, Consecrated Life, or Marriage and you are looking for information to help in your discernment, BE SURE TO CHECK the section at the bottom of the right sidebar for the "labels" on all posts. By clicking on one of these labels it will take you to a page with all posts containing that subject. You will also find many links for suggested reading near the bottom of the right sidebar. Best wishes and be assured of my daily prayers for your discernment.

Monday, August 13, 2007

A Vocation Film of Sorts

A very good short film by Eric Forrest about a young man becoming a priest in China, and the price he pays. A good reminder for those of us living in freedom not to forget the Church persecuted. In any case it is an inspiring video about heroic priests!

Hat thip to Deacon Kandra

3 comments:

Habemus Papam said...

Wow!! That was quite amazing, thanks so much for sharing, quite moving!

The Mystic Magpie said...

I'm glad you liked my film; unfortunately, I had to take it off youtube because USC owns the copyright and didn't want it up. Check out my website if you get a chance: www.supportafranciscanvocation.org And if you could say a prayer for me, I'd appreciate that even more!

Pax et bonum,

Etic

Roman Catholic Vocations said...

Eric,

Thanks for posting a comment. I was sorry to see your video go. However, I understand since my undergrad was in design and I went on for my MFA. In both cases everything we produced was for a class or studio was technically owned by the university. Thankfully they never took advantage of it.

Your website and blog are very well done. I'll be happy to post about them as I've done for other in the past - hopefully it will be of some assistance. Espcecially since you are called to the CFR's. If you've visited my blog for any length of time, your're probably aware of my fondness for the community. I know many of the friars from many different places, so I am more than happy to keep you in my prayers. In turn I would ask that you let me know how things are going financially as the time draws near, I would be happy to repost.

In Christ,
Brad