If you are actively discerning a vocation to the Priesthood, Diaconate, Consecrated Life, or Marriage and you are looking for information to help in your discernment, BE SURE TO CHECK the section at the bottom of the right sidebar for the "labels" on all posts. By clicking on one of these labels it will take you to a page with all posts containing that subject. You will also find many links for suggested reading near the bottom of the right sidebar. Best wishes and be assured of my daily prayers for your discernment.

Saturday, June 28, 2008

Regular posting to resume soon

I've been in the process of trying to figure out Facebook over the past few days (among other things). I should be getting some new posts up soon. Please come back soon!

5 comments:

Chris Osgood said...

Facebook is awesome! Let me know when you get on!!!

Adoro said...

NO! Don't do it! It will suck your life away! I got on it a couple weeks ago and I'm ALREADY irritated and it's done nothing but confirm why I waited so long to do it!

(Um...I DID use it for a professional reason once because our work email was down and I had to get a message to someone.) But other than that....

Roman Catholic Vocations said...

adoro te devote,

So I'm finding out! The time consuming part for me is the problem I'm having with the functionality of Facebook. I am trying to figure all of this out in hopes that a Facebook group for our Diocesan Office of Vocations will be a helpful way to get out information and serve as a tool for helping to create a support network for vocations in our Diocese.

What is frutstrating is the fact that you can do certain things on your personal page that you can not do on the group. Slowly but surely we are figuring out the strengths and weeknesses of Facebook as a tool for promoting and encouraging vocations. We'll see if it's worth it in the long run.

No worries about spending immense amounts of time on Facebook for personal reasons - I simply do not have the time!

Ebeth said...

Brad,

Penny told me you were on Facebook, tried to add you to my friend list, but you are closing your acct. or was it the vocations group? Can't remember, my brain has been vaporized by Facebook.....much like Adoro said.

Julie Olson said...

Actually, now I'm working on using it to start a group which will likely be limited anyway...forming a chapter of Third Order Dominicans. I'm not sure how far that will go, though, although it's possible it'll help connect a few other Dominicans without a home!