If you are actively discerning a vocation to the Priesthood, Diaconate, Consecrated Life, or Marriage and you are looking for information to help in your discernment, BE SURE TO CHECK the section at the bottom of the right sidebar for the "labels" on all posts. By clicking on one of these labels it will take you to a page with all posts containing that subject. You will also find many links for suggested reading near the bottom of the right sidebar. Best wishes and be assured of my daily prayers for your discernment.

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Franciscan Friars of the Renewal live on Irish Late Night with U2

Fr. Luke Mary Fletcher, CFR, (Vocations Director for the Franciscan Friars of the Renewal) sent an email saying that the Friars would be on a popular Irish late night show with the band U2.

The Late Late Show airs this Friday, February 22nd, at 9:30pm in Ireland, which means 4:30pm (EST)here.

You can watch it live on the internet by going to http://www.rte.ie/live/

4 comments:

Web said...

9:30 p.m. in Ireland would be 4:30 p.m. Eastern time in the U.S., so you wouldn't have to stay up late to watch.

Roman Catholic Vocations said...

Web,

I may be mistaken, but I believe Dublin is 5 hours ahead of us, not behind us.

Web said...

Check http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/

My wife is from Ireland and my mother in law is always calling us at 5:30 or 6:00 in the morning Central time (which is lunchtime over there).

Roman Catholic Vocations said...

Web,

Thanks for your persistence. The sad thing is that I went to the website you mentioned.

Perhaps this is why my background is in art and design, with multiple degrees and a masters. However, I am terrible at math - an often times humbling (as in the present case) deficit on my part.

I think I will need to repost this story to highlight the correction.