If you are actively discerning a vocation to the Priesthood, Diaconate, Consecrated Life, or Marriage and you are looking for information to help in your discernment, BE SURE TO CHECK the section at the bottom of the right sidebar for the "labels" on all posts. By clicking on one of these labels it will take you to a page with all posts containing that subject. You will also find many links for suggested reading near the bottom of the right sidebar. Best wishes and be assured of my daily prayers for your discernment.

Friday, September 28, 2007

Tales of Old

Hat tip to Per Christum

"She asked him one question, 'What is your religion?'"

"You don't understand Mr. Bonniville, my Catholic faith is the greatest thing I have and I am not going to do anything in the world to weaken it."

Great video of an interview with Fr. William Bonniwell, O.P. - wonderful stories about some of the good things before Vatican II, which is only to say that as a post VII Catholic I only seem to hear the stories of how bad things were before the Second Vatican Council. Now obviously not everything was right before the Council, but then again the same can be said of things in the Church today - go figure it's still full of people.

Hope you enjoy the video as much as I did. A big thanks to the Friars at the Dominican House of Studies for putting it on YouTube.



2 comments:

Unknown said...

I hadn't realized this until after I had found the clip and posted them...

But Father is the venerable author of a book I read back in high school that I rather loved about the life and times of Blessed Margaret of Castillo. Her story resonated with me because she, we are told, "did not talk much, until it came to talking about St. Joseph - and then when she got started about him, she simply could not be stopped. Never enough about St. Joseph."

That is my kind of heavenly patron!

http://www.marianland.com/saints016.html

Fr. V said...

Brad,

You might want to stop by and read the Sunday post at Adam's Ale today.

God bless,

Fr. V